You are hereBeat Back Buffelgrass Day Thank You
Beat Back Buffelgrass Day Thank You
Beat Back Buffelgrass Day 2011 was a success because of the time, energy and support from individuals and organizations throughout Southern Arizona
Publicity and Recording:
- Pima Association of Governments (PAG) provided the great posters and graphics for the event
- Tucson Electric Power's John Brown created a phenomenal public service announcement (view)
- Coach Mike Candrea and the University of Arizona Women's Softball Team supported us with publicity spots and brought the UA community out to dig! (view)
- Cox Communications and Comcast aired the public service announcements on their cable channels
- Mark Mclemore of Arizona Public Media produced In-depth Arizona segments with Julio Betancourt and LIndy Brigham (listen) and Coach Candrea (listen)
- KXCI aired several informational pieces about buffelgrass and the event.
- The Arizona Sonora Desert Museum's Tim Vimmerstedt, video tapped the events at the Brandi Fenton site for future use by SABCC.
Equipment and Supplies
- Unicoa Industrial Supply donated 200 pairs of leather gloves
- Doug Siegel from Pima County Natural Resources Parks and Recreation contributed tools and organized the distribution of equipment to the sites.
- Coffee Exchange on Tanque Verde provided refreshments for the crew working the area
- Boy Scouts (Eric Huelsman)
- City of Tucson Ward 1/SW Conservation Corps (Diana Rhodes)
- City of Tucson/Coffee Exchange (Doug Crockett)
- Colossal Cave Mountain Park (Lauren Hohl)
- Ironwood Forest National Monument (Darrell Tersery)
- Pima County Natural Resources Parks and Recreation (Doug Siegel)/Sonoran Desert Weedwackers (Marilyn Hanson)
- Saguaro National Park West District (Bethany Hontz)
- Sycamore Canyon Conservation (Lia Lavallee)
- Tanque Verde Weedwackers (Sally Danielson)
- Town of Marana (Janine Spencer)
- Town of Oro Valley (Carmen Ryan))
- Town of Sahuarita (Mary Reynolds) (view)
- Tucson Audubon (Kendall Kroesen)
- Tucson Clean and Beautiful (BJ Cordova)
- Friends of Urban Wildlife (Erin Willett)
- SABCC/UA Softball Team (view)
- Coronado National Forest (Sharron Biedenbender) /Tucson Convention & Visitors Bureau Brooke Sauer) (view)
- Porsche Club (Mark Fuller)
- Arizona Sonora Desert Museum (Robin Kropp)
- Pima County Flood Control (Jennifer Becker)
- Dana Backer - Saguaro National Park - provided site leaders to lead groups of volunteers at the Brandi Fenton site
- Wendy Burroughs, Meg Quinn and Doug Siegel - PCNRPR - organized the Brandi Fenton site and provided volunteers to help at the site.
- Steve Brigham and Paul Schwyhart parked cars, and Susan Andersen (RN) and Robert Fernandez (MD) provided medical support at the Brandi Fenton site.
- Travis Bean provided site support at Brandi Fenton
- BJ Cordova - Tucson Clean and Beautiful - provided sites and resources for several groups and helped secure tools and equipment.
- SABCC Board Members - Sarah Smallhouse, Julio Betancourt, Claire Zucker, Jim Kiser, Charles Hutchinson, Meg Weesner came out and pulled with the rest of the community!
- Julio Betancourt
- Boice Financial Co.
- I Michael Kasser Trust
- Charles Pettis
- PICOR Commercial Real Estate
- Venture West Operations LLC
- Thomas Keating
- William Roe
- TMC Foundation
- William Lomicka
- Raytheon Missle Systems